The Joker takes over Total Mayhem- Six Flags Great Adventure’s New for 2016 Coaster
Back in September, Six Flags Great Adventure announced Total Mayhem, a new 4D coaster coming in 2016.
“The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest DC Comics Super-Villains ever created. Only someone with his warped sense of humor could provide this level of insanity ─ or spinsanity ─with a new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.
The unique design of The Joker features:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling
As pointed out by a member on the Great Adventures Connoisseurs page, if the rendering turn out to be true, The Joker will have a giant “Haha” sign outside it’s entrance. The entrance looks like it will be themed as well.
Here’s a look at the entrance of The Joker.
Here’s some video animation of The Joker: