Boysenberry Goodness at Knott’s Berry Farm
The Newly Expanded Knott’s Boysenberry Festival Offers a Month of Daily Boysenberry Goodness March 29 – April 28
Spring is in the air, and with it comes the annual Boysenberry Festival. The Farm has been the scene for many family celebrations over the years, and we have so may happy memories there. My family and I attended recently to celebrate again, and we all had a blast. There is so much to do: art, food, drink, world class coasters, beautiful décor, fun and varied entertainment! Thanks to Knott’s for making it all possible.
The Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is an annual food-inspired event that celebrates the park’s historic roots by highlighting the little berry that started it all, the boysenberry. This year’s newly-expanded festival will feature over 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations crafted by the Knott’s culinary team. Guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing line up of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year. In addition to the numerous food and drink offerings, the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers a wide selection of local crafters, live music, musical stage shows and fun activities for guests of all ages to enjoy. This year’s Boysenberry Festival runs 31 days starting March 29, operating daily through April 28, 2019.
This year’s lineup will introduce several new food items including:
· Flavorful boysenberry dry rubbed flank steak topped with boysenberry cream cheese
· Sweet and tangy boysenberry jerk chicken wings
· Hearty boysenberry chili in a fresh-baked boysenberry sourdough bread bowl
· Tender boysenberry pot roast served over rich and creamy boysenberry mashed potatoes
· Grilled boysenberry BBQ chicken skewers served with a zesty boysenberry aioli dipping sauce
· Boysenberry glazed salmon served on mixed greens and topped with a boysenberry vinaigrette
· Spicy boysenberry habanero baked mac and cheese
· Boysenberry jambalaya prepared with chicken, boysenberry sausage and bell peppers served with white rice
· Boysenberry pulled pork tostada topped with creamy coleslaw and boysenberry drizzle
· Boysenberry-lemon hummus served with pita bread.
· Grilled boysenberry sausage on a freshly baked roll topped with boysenberry ketchup, relish, and mustard
· Boysenberry elote, a grilled corn on the cob smothered in fresh boysenberry butter, mayo and topped off with cotija cheese
· Fresh-baked boysenberry waffles served with sweet maple boysenberry cream cheese syrup
· Boysenberry cinnamon sugar tortilla crisps served with creamy boysenberry ice cream
A great way to indulge the new boysenberry food items during the festival is by purchasing a tasting card priced at $35 which offers eight tastings from a selection of fourteen boysenberry-inspired dishes.
A variety of signature boysenberry items
will also be available for purchase a la carte.
Guest can also take home a taste of the boysenberry festival with limited edition merchandise found throughout the park. This year’s new merchandise includes a selection of event apparel, plus new packaged food items perfect for take-home souvenirs like the boysenberry peanut, cashew and pecan brittle, boysenberry hand-dipped chocolate-covered turtles, graham crackers and honeycomb. The Knott’s Berry Market also features signature boysenberry items like the delicious boysenberry BBQ sauce or the classic jams and preserves. Unique boysenberry inspired artisan products will also be available at the Boysenberry Festival Craft Fair returning with 30 local craft vendors.
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers endless entertainment options for the festival goer:
· Tied up in Knott’s! –“Tied Up in Knott’s!” is a tribute art show dedicated to the rich history of Knott’s Berry Farm. Over 30 artists will be contributing 50 pieces of art to the show, which pays homage to Knott’s Berry Farm’s past, present and future in various mediums including: oil paintings, illustrations and digital mixed media. These original pieces will be hung on display at the Wilderness Dance Hall during the duration of the Boysenberry Festival.
· Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree! – Guests are invited to join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts Gang in a musical stage show that will have families dancing along at the Calico Mine Stage.
· Old Time Melodrama -Knott’s pays tribute to its pastat the Legendary Bird Cage Theatre with a special presentation of the musical comedy melodrama with a surprising boysenberry twist!
· Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies – A group of krazy talented performers will have guests toe tappin’, vine dancin’ and knee-slappin’ to a comedic country music show at the Wagon Camp stage.
· Musical Performances – Various musical duos playing Country and Bluegrass tunes will take the stage at Fireman’s stage.
· Old MacDonald Petting Zoo -Young ones and young at heart are invited to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm including horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends. Old MacDonald’s farm pays tribute to one of the farm’s original attractions.
Noticeably missing from the stable was Brutus. He was out on the park visiting guest up close and personal.
The Boysenberry Festival is included with admission to Knott’s Berry Farm. Additional costs apply for food tasting experiences within the event. Knott’s will have extended hours on select days March 29 – April 28, allowing guests extra time to take advantage of all of the limited-time offerings.
The best way to savor every day of the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival and all of the other Seasons of Fun is with a 2019 Season Pass. A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates, and a Gold Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2019 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. Regular passes are just $98 or five easy payments of $15.50 after an initial payment and Gold Passes are $118 or five easy payments of just $18.50 after an initial payment. These offers end April 28, 2019. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.
For more information about Knott’s Berry Farm please visit knotts.com. Join the conversation using the hashtag #Boysenberry Festival
About Knott’s Berry Farm and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company:
What began as a roadside berry stand and chicken dinner restaurant in the 1920s has evolved into Knott’s Berry Farm, one of Southern California’s most popular theme park destinations combining world-class thrill rides with traditional family favorite attractions and entertainment. Knott’s is also home to Knott’s Soak City Waterpark, Knott’s Marketplace, and the full-service Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel. Knott’s Berry Farm is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. For more information, see https://www.cedarfair.com/.